Traumas live within the stories we tell. Yet it is not merely the stories that keep these traumas alive–trauma is held in the words and sounds themselves. The inner gestures and pictures, and the meaning of those gestures, that we form can either keep those sounds and words captive within our souls and bodies, or set them free.
Speech lies at the core of everything we do as human beings. Understanding language through the practice of creative speech provides insights into our students’ learning, their social and emotional life, and their health.
Creative Speech is a course designed for students who want to develop their capacity for listening and speaking as an art form and hone their ability to use Speech as a tool for healing.
- use their voice to express different states of the human soul
- gain understanding of consciousness through hearing the voices of others
- study the effects of sympathy and antipathy in speaking
- create objective, imaginative pictures
- understand how enlivened speech brings about physical and emotional health
- learn exercises for immediate practical application and share resources for curriculum development
This specialized week-long course serves both as a stand-alone workshop as well as the first portion of a year-long series for those seeking more extensive speech education.
For more information on this program, contact Debbie Spitulnik at firstname.lastname@example.org