Dear Colleagues, Our 2021 Class is now full to capacity and off to a great start. Please let us know if you wish to join us for the upcoming 2022 Class:
Waldorf Administration & Leadership Development Program 2022 Cohort Interest
Explorations for Waldorf Administrators and School Leaders
New, low-residency program designed to support independent and public Waldorf school administrators and pedagogical leaders through professional development and training that builds skills, capacities, and understanding of their vital roles in Waldorf schools. The program will include workshops, guided exercises, case studies, mentoring, and presentations in areas such as group dynamics, role clarity, communication, conflict resolution, navigating change efforts, strategic vs tactical decision making, community development, among other topics brought by our stellar guest presenters.
Explorations takes up burning current topics along with contemplative studies and the practice of the arts through anthroposophy as a method of inquiry. This online course is offered as a supplementary seminar designed to support and inspire both independent and public Waldorf school administrators and pedagogical leaders.
Themes for Fall and Winter 2021-2022
- Management and Leadership
- Committees, Communication, and Delegation
- Management and Leadership
- Eurythmy in the Workplace
- Social Color Exercises
- Professional Development
- Decision making as a litmus test for leaders
- History of Threefolding
- Role clarity and authority
- Role of the Board of Trustees
- Community Development
- Authority, Influence, and “Creative Tensions” in our public and private schools
- How to Handle Difficult Conversations and the Art of Facilitation
- Working Together; Board, Faculty, and Administration
- The Business Office and Developing a Team
- Grief and Trauma in our Communities
- Working with Money
- A Successful Capital Campaign
- Restorative Conversations
- Social-Emotional Needs
- Administrative Roles in public Waldorf schools
- Leadership in public Waldorf schools
- Case studies
- Leadership perspectives and framing
- Organizational trauma
- Strategic vs tactical and working with resistance
- Association Connections
Program Leadership ~
Torin M. Finser, Program Director
Karen Atkinson, Program Coordinator
Who should attend?
- Newly hired school administrators and administrative staff in admissions, HR, business, development, marketing, etc.
- Experienced administrators* seeking renewal and further professional development.
- Past Explorations Program graduates* wishing to focus on Waldorf administration and leadership.
- Pedagogical leaders*: school directors faculty chair, college chair, principal (public Waldorf), and committee chairs.
- Trustees seeking greater collaboration among school decision making groups.
- Lead parents who wish to serve their school in present or future leadership roles.
Tuition: $210 a month for 14 months. First payment of $210 due upon registration or no later than March 15, 2021 will serve as a non-refundable deposit. Other payments by credit card authorization through May 14, 2022. Total: $210 x 14 = $2,940 for the program. Please ask your schools to budget for this much needed support for your professional development!
For schools sending a team of 3 or more participants, we can offer a group discount of 10%.
*Past Explorations Program graduates & Experienced Teachers Please Note:
If you have 5 or more years work in a Waldorf school as a teacher or other pedagogical role, or you have previously taken and graduated from the Explorations program (or other foundational studies) you may opt out of the Explorations sessions and just do the administrative portions: Saturday online workshops from 3-4:15 and the three institutes.
For more information contact Karen Atkinson, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (609) 851-6539
For registration assistance, contact Milan Daler, Administrator at email@example.com or (603) 654-2566