Healing in a World of Need
Kairos Institute at the Center for Anthroposophy
We are dedicated to address suffering in the world, deepen our understanding of the consequences of trauma, and develop skills and capacities to strengthen resilience and wholeness in human encounter. Our students feel called to healing work and Kairos offers pathways through transformative artistic processes.
FALL 2023 ONLINE
September 13 to December 17, 2023
SPRING 2024 Residency
April 19-25, 2024
SUMMER 2024 Residency
July 7 to July 12, 2024
What is Kairos?
Healing in a World of Need
Kairos Institute was created to address suffering in the world and is a cooperative member of iARTe, dedicated to bringing a new, unique program that reflects the needs of North America and those of our time.
What is Emergency Pedagogy?
You may find a full description in the powerful Bernd Ruf’s Manual below…
Kairos Institute offers professional trainings in*:
- Artistic Therapies: Drawing, Painting, and Clay. We are a cooperative member of iARTe. Students work towards a Diploma from the Medical Section, Goetheanum.
- Emergency Pedagogy with Bernd Ruf: Students work towards a Certificate in International Crisis Intervention
*Those interested in Speech training please visit the Art of Speech. (A Kairos affiliate)
- iARTe diploma students must register for all classes and studios.
- Those not pursuing the iARTe diploma register for all classes without studios
- Register for selective online courses or Summer Residency. (Spring Residency is reserved for iARTe track students)
Our faculty is representative of the global community of anthroposophical doctors, trauma specialists, psychologists, artists, and therapists. Our goal is to prepare students for the unique challenges posed by both individual and collective trauma. Our training will focus on the transformative role of healing educators and therapists across the whole life span: children, adolescents, and adults.
Who should register?
- Anyone wishing to become an art therapist
- care group leaders
- special educators
- school leaders
- Camphill workers
- and others in the healing professions.
Kairos Institute Overview
Traumatology I/trauma preventative therapies
Foundations of Art Therapy: Goethe’s theory of colors Light and Darkness
Foundations in Drawing
Foundations in Clay
Healing Aspects of Color
Healing Aspects of Clay
Laws of the Etheric/Astral
Goethe’s Fairy Tale
Incarnation: opportunities and hindrances in human development
The 12 Senses/the 7 Life processes
Karma studies I and II
Embryology, Organ development
History through Art
Karma studies III
Psychology of Children’s drawings
Evolution of Consciousness through Color Health and Illness
Salutogenesis Case studies/Practicum
Traumatolgy III/trauma preventative therapies
Biography and Human development
Karma studies IV
Emergency Pedagogy with Bernd Ruf
These courses can be taken as a training or as selective courses to support professional or personal development.
Certificate for World wide Crisis Intervention
For those who want to work toward a certificate for world wide crisis intervention:
- Modules and structure of the further training: The curriculum has a modular structure and is composed of twelve modules. Each module consists of twelve theoretical teaching units and several practical teaching units: trauma preventative therapies.
- The modules can be taken sequentially, but this is not compulsory. After successful completion of each module, the participant will receive a certificate. If the participant has successfully completed all twelve modules, a complete certificate can be obtained. The prerequisite for certification is regular participation in a course. The certificates are given to the participants via the regional groups, but are issued and signed by the Friends of Waldorf Education.
2022: Traumatology I
2023: Traumatology II
2024: Traumatology and Spirituality (July 7-12)
All are Welcome!