I Projected Learning Goals and Objectives:
A deeper understanding of movement, spatial awareness, and human development. Age-appropriate movement activities for high school-age students, as well as work on our own movement as teachers.
II Overview of Course Content and Methods:
Through movement activities and spatial awareness exercises we will explore themes such as:
- human uprightness
- spatial streams and posture
- forces of gravity and levity
- center and periphery
- movement and counter-movement
- personal/interpersonal space and sense of self/other
- movement and its threefold relationship to thinking, feeling, and willing
III Verification Requirements and Evaluation Methods:
Honoring the variance in levels of ability among the participants, students will be asked to take part as fully as possible and with a willingness to engage in all activities. Students should be open to the possibility of change and further development in their spatial awareness independent of their current ability.